Wide Awake

Apparently 7 is the magic number of hours of sleep for my body.
I was in the bed.
Asleep.
By 8:20 last night.

At 3:30 this morning, my eyes popped open...wide awake. Not that crazy heart-thumping...oh CRAP! I've got so much to do today awake...nope. just your runofthemill Hey, it's morning, and I'm conscious.

Beautiful, beautiful feeling.

And yes, the craziness with my sleep cycle during Spring Break. was in fact worth living through sleep deprivation hell the past 3 days. I can't wait to do it again during my week's vacation before summer school. Ahhhhhhhh, something to look forward to. :)

Preview of the day:
*I'm going to head to school about 6 and get my notes together for class before the floating teacher arrives to commandeer my room for his Spanish class. (He's really a good guy, I'm lucky.)

*During conference 1st period, I have GOT to figure out my LEP kids-rating thing. I'm supposed to have writing samples for each of them...like 5 samples per kid...hopefully the treasure trove of graded-but-not-yet-distributed papers on my desk will prove useful. We'll see.

*More movie watching in English 3. And some discussion. Yay.

*Then, I'm presenting a staff dev. session on Classroom Performance System to the teachers. (I get paid to train teachers on technology. Cool gig.)

*Then I get a WHOLE HOUR to find dinner and make my way to Buggy's last non-district meet. Please cross your fingers that we don't see the dying cockroach tonight...or the iron-cross-pull-my-right-shoulder-out-of-socket-again routine.

And let's hope I can be somewhat well behaved. I tend to have Tourette's style outbursts when he does well on a routine. Embarrasses the hell outta him...but...it is actually somewhat enjoyable for me, now that I think about it.

Maybe that's my payback for all the worrying I do about the kid. Whaddya think?

See ya tonight.