Monument or Legacy?

I wrote the entry you see below last Sunday (June 17)...but didn't post it....I'm not sure why.

I know I haven't posted much since school's been out.

It's not that I haven't thought about posting, it's just that I've been spending a lot more time relaxing. That relaxing time has given my brain time to process through stuff -- and less need/desire/opportunity to work it out via the computer.

Although I'm sure this is good in some ways, I can also see where it's detrimental. I've grown somewhat used to being able to flip through old posts to remind me where I've been....since I've gone about a month without doing much posting, I've essentially created a blog-gap.

Bummer.

I'll try to do better.


~~~~
I thought about ditching church today, but didn't. I got there late, but I got there...and then found out that our pastor wasn't preaching. I thought about leaving before the sermon, but didn't want to go back out in the rain so soon.

Turns out, the guest preacher ended up reading my mail.

He talked about living a life where you leave nothing but a monument -- versus living a life where you leave a legacy. He also talked about how one can live that legacy -- once you open yourself to God, He'll put someone in your path that you can clearly see needs your help. Simply by getting involved in that person's life, you begin leaving that legacy.
Talk about affirmation, eh?

I've been feeling somewhat lost as to what my role will be in Buggy's life now that he's graduated -- but apparently I just need to hang out and see what's in store. I don't think it's the end of the road for us -- in fact, after today, I feel like it's just beginning.