Short and Sweet

I've almost completed two weeks of territory skirmishes with my chillrun. So far, there has been no blood shed. The ThugPatrol from my 3rd period on Wednesday barely escaped with their skin....they had spent the class period trying to be "b.a.d." and showing me they didn't have to work or do what I said. I spent a similar amount of time launching my own battle to make them be silent and productive. All silence ended at the dismissal bell....because I pulled all 4 of them up to my desk and let them have it!! It was a sight to behold.

I sure do hope tomorrow goes better with them....otherwise, my brain just might explode out of my head.

I got my presentation cart today. WOOP!!! I'm so excited, I can't even stand it!!

I talked to Buggy this evening. He's trying to figure out if he's going to get out of gymnastics. Coach V is giving him a hard time about missing practice this week for the Marine stuff AND the fact that Buggy didn't apply for team captain....and Buggy isn't happy about it. He's not AS excited about gymnastics as he was, and rightly so because his priorities are shifting to Life-After-High-School....but he knows it keeps him out of trouble. I asked him to think about it seriously, and come talk to me before he makes a final decision....if he can support his decision with solid reasons, I'll support his decision. (Even if it means I don't get to watch him in action on Thursday nights this year.)

I'm sure you're all wondering about the "boy" I've been talking to. I met him online...and so far we've just been emailing back and forth. (And no, he's not a minor -- he's 42.) He's pretty funny and personable and SARCASTIC.

Which I LOVE!!!!

The kicker is....he works on the railroad.....just like my dad did.

YEP, 'tis true!

I guess the good part is, I'm totally aware of the crazy schedule of a railroader's job -- so there won't be much of a learning curve. But it's still a little weird to think that, of all the guys...I find the one who replicates my father's career. Boy, wouldn't Dr. Phil have a field day with that?!?!

I'll keep you posted on the happenings with the males in my life....the females seem to be taking care of their own stuff. Huh. Go figure. *wink*

hasta